According to Coy, Globe launched the iPhone 4 in the country yesterday (September 24) with a range of customizable plans designed for iPhone customers.
iPhone 4 features include:
- FaceTime which makes video calling possible and a feature often demonstrated by those who have one. Was given a demo on this last August by a friend.
- Retina display - currently considered the highest resolution display ever built into a phone, resulting in super crisp text, images and video.
- 5 megapixel camera with LED flash and HD video recording
- Apple’s A4 processor
- 3-axis gyro
- up to 40 percent longer talk time
- Glass and stainless steel design that is the thinnest smartphone in the world.
- iOS 4 which includes over 100 new features.
- App Store providing access to more than 205,000 apps including the new iMovie app built just for iPhone 4.
The photo in this blog post shows Globe president and CEO Ernest Cu with Globe Consumer business head Peter Bithos who are both very excited with the launch of iPhone 4 in the Philippines.
Beginning September 24, customers can experience iPhone 4 through booths at Metro Manila malls Greenbelt and Glorietta. Globe will also host an exclusive launch event on September 26, 2010 to be held at the Makati Shangri-la and New World Hotels in Metro Manila for the first customers who registered online at the Globe website. Invited customers can expect a call, text message or email from Globe, to let them know what time they can claim their iPhone 4 at the above venues.
Full pricing and availability details for iPhone 4 in the Philippines will be available soon on their website.