Wednesday, October 30, 2002

LOSER ME

I am a proud and happy loser! Yes, with my head up high, I can say that to anyone and even announce it to the whole world - I am a proud and happy loser of 20 lbs of excess weight!

Exactly five months ago, I decided to lead a healthier lifestyle less the excess weight and health-related problems like chest pains, chronic fatigue and back pains. I enrolled myself in a gym, decided to watch what I eat and rid myself of stress-related activities. Now, five months after, I have never been better!

My decision to be healthier was part of my desire to love myself more. I owe it to myself more than to anyone else to give myself the tender loving care it needs and deserves. How can I take care of other people if I can’t even take care of myself? How can I enjoy life if I cannot even have the energy to do the activities I have always wanted to do?

The key to being a successful loser I believe is having the right intention and motivation to start with. Losing weight for someone like your boyfriend (which will soon follow once you start showing off those new curves!) or a potential boyfriend might not be a good idea. Lose weight for yourself because it will be good for you. In that way, whether the person who motivated you is gone, you’ll still be determined to continue your battle with the bulge.

Secondly, discipline and determination should always follow. Whether the deprivation of cheesecake has been causing you to lose sleep, know that in the end we have sacrifices to make. But this doesn’t mean you should totally deprive yourself of those deliciously sinful foods. Once in a while, treat yourself to a sumptuous dessert you’ve always wanted. Totally depriving yourself will not be good for you. Enjoy once in while! You deserve it!

Moderation is the key to everything. Anything excessive is bad and we all know that whether excessive dieting, excessive exercise or excessive eating. Take everything in stride. God didn’t make the world in a day. It took him 6 days and rested on the 7th day. So take your time and take a rest as well. Your body will thank you for it!

While on the losing streak, as a last reminder, think of happy thoughts! Visualize the day when you can take the hike you’ve always wanted or wear that little black dress. Have a clear vision of what you want and set a realistic deadline for yourself. Believe that you will achieve your goal and set your action plan. Work on your plan everyday and before you know it, you’ve lost the lbs you’ve always wanted to lose.

See you next Wednesday!

CaRPe dIeM!!!

No comments: