Things took a serious turn when I decided to join the busby seo test competition last November 2008 and developed content. One of them is the horoscope series that inspired me to make the Fortune Reader site active again and renamed it to New Age Perspective - Free Weekly Horoscope to complement the competition entry.
Additional changes that happened to the site includes:
- Creation of a birthstones jewelry store (and also for men).
- Tarot reading services offer (online only due to inquiries).
- Methodology-wise, I started doing reversed card reading to widen my option in preparing the weekly forecast.
So when people ask me if it is easy to create your own horoscope site, I give a yes and no at the same time. I say "yes it is" as there are so many resources available to gain information about it. I say "no" as it requires interest on the subject to come up with readings on a regular basis. Also sticked to tarot cards as horoscope forecasting kits require knowing the birth date of the subject. This is not applicable to general per sign reading.
I consider this still as a hobby although I'm glad it is gradually opening monetization opportunities. However, for those of you who really wants to make such a site revenue generating, be prepared to do the following:
- Publish original horoscope reading on a daily basis.
- Look at other perspectives (health, financial, love, family).
- Publish special kind of readings.