Sunday, November 16, 2008

NAIA 3 Manila Airport & Yellow Taxi

Preparing for the DigitalFilipino.com Club Roadshow last October 21 (Davao), 23 (Cebu), and 25 (Manila) allowed me to check out the new facilities or amenities found in Manila airports. This includes:

1. Airport Yellow Taxi

I used to take airport cabs that normally cost me 900-1000 pesos just to get home to Quezon City. Taking this yellow taxi, operated by Nissan, allowed me to save at 50%. You still get the usual driver courtesy as well and does not negotiate for add-on payments.

However, if you are in a hurry, be prepared that more passengers are lining up to this one. Wait time can be from 30 minutes to an hour especially during peak hours. I experienced this upon my return to Manila from Cebu last October 24. However, I took the time to take pictures instead using my Nokia N95.



2. NAIA Terminal 3

On my way to Davao last October 21 via Cebu Pacific allowed me to check in at the controversial NAIA Terminal 3. The place reminded me of check-in counters of most international airports in various countries I've visited.



What was weird though is the common check-in line for all routes. If Cebu Pacific continues this scheme, passengers will have to make sure to be at the cue at least 2.5 hours before their departure to avoid any major delay or hassle.