Wednesday, February 19, 2003

POST VALENTINE MUSINGS

Valentine’s Day + Friday night + Payday + Concerts = Perfect Metro Manila traffic jam. And of course the perfect excuse not to go out on a date when the love of my life is thousands of miles away from me, and 14 hours behind. Early morning on my way to work, I got a call from him greeting me a happy heart’s day, reminding me that we won’t be together today and for the next months to come. . .a big sigh. Long distance relationships. . .

Looking back, it all happened one normal hectic day when I least expected it. Maybe good things really happen when you least expect it, like God’s way of sending us surprises! And what a big surprise God sent me last December, with no big ribbons and a gift tag to go with it two days after I completed the 9 Simbang Gabi masses. Serendipity? Yes, that’s what he said that happened to us that fateful evening.

The realization that he was God’s gift dawned on me as we started to get to know each other. The oysters at Via Mare, the Funtastyc Crepe at Café Breton, our trips to my favorite church in the coastal area, the song playing on the radio when he first held my hand, the way he smiled when I held his hand back, the dozens of roses he has given me everyday that we were together that I have kept until now, the quiet walks in the evenings, our dinner with my relatives, the way he said he liked the adobo I cooked for him, the private jokes we shared and so many trivial things that would not have mattered to me if he wasn’t special. I guess simple things become special when you are in love.

And you are very special Daniel. . .Belated Happy Valentine’s Day!

See you next Wednesday for our Serendipity story!

CaRPe dIeM!!!










No comments: