Sunday, January 14, 2007

Lunch at Myron's

As a freelancer IT professional, I operate a virtual office and always have the opportunity to try out different restaurants, fast food places, canteens, among others. I guess for Filipinos, having a lunch out either for business or catching up is very effective and can be productive too. Since I've been like this for more than a decade now, it has become a natural thing and saw no big deal about it.

However, after listening to Noemi Lardizabal Dado (DigitalFilipino.com Club eyeball last January 5), I decided to give it a shot and share my lunch out experiences.
I guess the best way for me to kick this off is by having lunch at Myron's. I was in the Rockwell area after passing by the Philippine Biotech Venture Summit. The organizer of the event is Maoi Arroyo of Hybridigm Consulting.
When the time came for lunch, I saw Myron's and that signaled that this is the sign I'm waiting for. Coincidentally, Maoi spoke during One Internet Day last September on Buzz Marketing through Blogs and talked about the Myron's blogging buzz. I heard this first from former club member Anton Diaz. As it turns out, the food bloggers play an important role in generating buzz about the places they visit and food they've tried out. Myron's blogging buzz, according to Maoi, helped the restaurant generate a million in revenue on its first month (or two?).



To start, Caesar Salad for two was ordered. Dressing has a strong after taste but filling.
If it is my first time to try a steak restaurant, my default order would be the baby back ribs. If this one passes, then I would be more adventurous to try out the other menu items. I have no complaint about their Grilled Baby Back Ribs with Smokey Mosquite Barbercue Sauce. I think though once you've tried those being served by TGI Fridays, Tony Roma's, Chilis, Bigby's, Tia Maria, Outback, among others, you tend to expect more from it especially on the side dishes that compliments it. (although one can argue that they are not in same category)

The Earl Grey Chocolate Mousse with Candied Orange Peel was very nice. The slightly sweet orange peel added the necessary flavor to make this desert unique.

The whole meal including a glass of fresh mango juice reached nearly P1300. Just another lunch.

No comments: